All the things I love and do, written down in lovely lists! I will warn you now, if you're offended easily, beware! Although I try my best, I do tend to swear an awful lot, sorry! xXx

Friday 8 January 2016

(S.A.F) Q3: What are you ready to let go of this year?

1) Negative self loathing.
I am so sick and tired of feeling bad about myself. I try my best to start the day in a happy mood and be productive, but it doesn't take long until I'm feeling like a useless 'sack o' shite' that can't even make a half decent coffee, never mind be a functioning adult.
Well bollocks to that.
This year I intend to big my self up and remind myself that it's ok to get things wrongs occasionally, that doesn't mean I'm stupid. In fact I'm pretty damn smart. I'm a bad ass boss bitch and I fucking rock.

2)All items of clothing with holes in them. (That shouldn't have holes)
I cling onto clothing for far too long. It started simply because I couldn't afford to replace them, so I made do and mended. And mended. And mended. Then as we started earning a little bit more and I discovered the joys of Primark, I could afford to buy more (and buy I did!), but I still had the keep it and fix it mentality. Now we have a pretty good income, well enough to pay the bills and live semi comfortably, I can buy nicer clothing, but I  still have a wardrobe full of clothes that are tatty, ripped, don't fit and will never be worn again. So it's time to say goodbye and throw it away or if it's still in good nick, charity shop it.

3) The hope of house training The Big Man.
Big Man and I have been together for 12 years this March. We've lived together all that time. Literally. I moved in with him 18 days after meeting him. And he still can't seem to put his damn socks in the bloody laundry tub!
He does help a lot with the housework. If I've had on off day/week then he'll help me get everything done at the weekend. But the majority of work is created by him in the first place! When he cooks he uses every damn pan in the kitchen and he doesn't wash as he goes, it just gets piled up in the sink. When he's finished in the shower the shampoo, shower gel bottles, sponges and all sorts are just left on the side of the bath and wet towels left on the floor. Sock and pants never go in the laundry tub despite it being next to where he changes. He can put his hand on the tub for balance yet can put his shitting socks in it!!!
Over a decade I've been trying to train him to not do this shit and I've failed. Time to accept it and move on.

4) That I'm not a teenager anymore...
I'm not ready to accept how old I really am. But I think I can let go of the fact I'm not 17 anymore. I still behave like a teenager. It's not something I do intentionally, I just can't seem to act like a grown up. It is beyond a piss take. Big Man thinks it's funny most of the time, calls me his child bride, tells me I'm grounded if I'm stropping,  pretends to send me to my room, calls me Kevin...
But after a while the jokes become a little too much and I feel like I'm never going to grow up and act.... not my age because I don't want to be my age, but at least a responsible adult.

Much Love,

Hollie-emma
xXx

BONUS ROUND
What am I not prepared to let go of this year?
My band T-shirts. You can have my AC/DC t shirt when you prise it from my cold, dead hands! Do you hear me Big Man?! I'll be wearing my Metallica T-shirts in the nursing home! My Motorhead T will be worn with pride till the day I die!
METAL FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment